As the year ends I tend to reflect on new music I have added to the collection. This year I got new albums from old favorites as well as new bands I’m excited to follow in their career. I pretty much became obsessed with the new Crystal Castles album, and seeing them live in October was one of my favorite live shows I’ve ever been to. And Chelsea Wolfe became a new favorite based on a nonchalant suggestion from my friend Beth Dean. What were your favorites this year??
- Crystal Castles – III
- Bat for Lashes – The Haunted Man
- Purity Ring – Shrines
- Chelsea Wolfe – Unknown Rooms: A Collection of Acoustic Songs
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Trouble
- Patrick Wolf – Sundark/Riverlight
- The XX – Coexist
- Marina and the Diamonds – Electra Heart
- Circa Survive – Violent Waves
- Santigold – Master of My Make-Believe
BONUS: The Electric Sons – The Electric Sons E.P.
These kids are on my watch list for sure. Hopefully a full length comes about soon!!