BLACK MAST — SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Owner, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Screenprinter, Photographer: April 2013 – Present
- Create and develop designs or illustrations to be implemented on a shirt or other merchandise.
- Screenprint one-color shirts ourselves, manage relationships with third-party printers when necessary.
- Develop art direction for a product photoshoot. Manage relationships with various models for photoshoots. Edit all desired photos.
- Create assets for black-mast.com, etsy.com, social media, print collateral, and more. Create and distribute social media promotions.
- Manage stock and customer service.
- Manage relationships with event and convention coordinators when planning to sell or exhibit in a booth.
INDIEGOGO — SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Senior Graphic Designer (Marketing and Brand): May 2014 – Present
- Collaborate with marketing to develop assets to promote new product initiatives. For example, the 2015 “Holiday Favorites” initiative, which drove over $300,000 in funds raised on the Indiegogo platform.
- Create and manage visual assets for use across the desktop and mobile versions of the product, as well as social media, blog, print marketing collateral, and more.
- Create signage and visual assets for Indiegogo events (CES 2016 and 2017, LGBTQ Pride happy hour, Hardware Happy Hour, etc.)
- Create infographics to reflect crowdfunding campaign successes, as well as infographics educating users on how to run a successful campaign.
- Manage and enforce brand guidelines to ensure consistency of the Indiegogo brand across many channels and teams.
- Art Direct 3rd party designers (such as convention booth exhibit contractors and in-house freelancers) to stay on-brand.
HNTB CORPORATION – OAKLAND, CA
Graphic Designer, Marketing: Dec. 2010 – Oct. 2011; June 2013 – May 2014
Designed highly detailed project proposal layouts and infographics for airport, light rail, and other architecture/engineering projects. Completed five winning proposals valued at over $10 million, including the high-profile BART extension to Warm Springs. Coordinated with clients, senior-level executives, project managers, and marketing staff. Create internal company communications, presentation decks, and other marketing materials.
DOGPATCH TECHNOLOGY – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
UI Designer, Graphic Designer: April 2012 – June 2013
Contract employment for San Francisco-based tech company. Established branding with new logo and business cards. Redesigned iOS application Appointment Buddy in December 2012. Worked closely with product manager and engineer to establish appropriate UI Design for Appointment Buddy and three other in-progress mobile applications. Occasional web design.
HOT MESS LOVES YOU – NASHVILLE, TN / CHICO, CA
Art Director, Graphic Designer, Illustrator: 2009 – 2013
Contract work for Nashville, TN Pop Rock Band. Branding & identity, album packaging, flyers & posters, banners, stickers, t-shirts, and press kit.
EXPERT COMMUNICATIONS, INC. – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Graphic Designer: October 2011 – April 2013
Designed email marketing communications, landing pages, web banners, direct mail advertisements and rebranded ECI. Revised documents for print and web based on client feedback, on tight deadlines. Working alongside creative directors and account executives to ensure accurate delivery of assets. Clients included Adobe, Autodesk, Taleo, and UnionBank.
THE CREATIVE GROUP – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Graphic Designer and Production Artist: Sept. 2010 – Jan. 2012
Former Client: HNTB — Original contract placement. See above for highlights and description.
Former Client: TBW (Terris, Barnes and Walters) — Created and edited campaign collateral for political candidates across the United States to effectively influence voters during election time.
KTXL FOX40 – SACRAMENTO, CA
Graphic Artist: October 2008 – August 2010
Collaborated with editors, producers, and production assistants to prepare 20 – 40 graphics each night for the 5:30 pm and 10:00 pm newscasts. Created graphics for web and video promotions.
THE ORION (CSU CHICO’S NEWSPAPER) – CHICO, CA
January 2007 – May 2008
Art Director: Created and managed production calendars, including scheduling meetings, review sessions, and printing. Led the section designers to develop and implement cover ideas. Ensured style consistency throughout the national award-winning newspaper before preparing page files for press. Designed full-page covers for special sections.
Editorial Designer/Illustrator: Placed and formatted columns for the Opinion Section. Produced original illustrations to accompany articles throughout the paper.
CSU CHICO, CHICO, CA
Fall 2005 – Fall 2007
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Design, Graphic Design Option
Proficient: Photoshop, InDesign,
WordPress, Powerpoint, HTML/CSS, SketchApp
Best in Show:
Illustration, Packaging Design
Graphic Design Student Show,
CSU Chico, 2008
3rd Place: Best Features Lead Package
California College Media Association, 2008
Best Editorial Designer:
The Orion, 2007
Best in Show: Illustration
Graphic Design Student Show,
CSU Chico, 2007